Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pro Wrestling Review: Current TNA Product Review part 1


 Hello everyone, today I want to talk about Tna, now if you read my Bound for Glory 2013 review then you know that I was not very pleased with that show at all, I mean I would say it was even worse than Battleground. That's saying a lot, it was worse than wwe's worst show of the year and it was supposed to be Tna's best show of the year.

 I decided that after I was gonna be done with Tna for a while, and I've taken a break from it but lately I've been hearing some good things about the company with the world title tournament so this weekend I watched the latest three episodes of Impact. That included the turning point themed episode, the thanksgiving one and the latest one. Today I'm going to be you my thoughts on those episodes and my thoughts on tna current product in general.

 I really enjoyed the turning point episode, I wish Bound for Glory could have been like that. It reminded of back in 2012 when Tna was really good. They have an interesting storyline going on in the main event with AJ Styles taking the TNA world title away from the company and defending it in other ones, AJ Styles definitely isn't as hot or as over as CM Punk was when wwe did a story line similar to this back in the summer of 2011 but it's still entertaining with him. The whole friends of AJ thing is a little bit silly though. It pretty entertaining though and I'm glad that they're letting it play out and they're not bringing AJ back too soon.  

 Also it's caused this great title tournament, I'm really glad that they're doing it and it's great that they've given it plenty of time. Tna does very well with tournaments, as shown with this and their bound for glory series. 

 Like I said the turning point episode was very good, we had Samoa Joe vs Magnus, who they're still in the process of turning. I'm glad they're turning Magnus heel, most of this year it's been obvious that Tna wanted to do something with him and I've always preferred him as a heel.

 We also had Mr Anderson vs Bully Ray with Anderson's career on the line and Bully's aces and eights group on the line. Anderson wins in a very entertaining match and all I can say is it's about time. That was a glorious day in Tna, the day that the aces and eights was finally finished. When they first started out I liked them, but then Tna started handling them very poorly and it just went on for way too long. That group was one of the reasons that Tna really dragged on this year. I liked the decision of putting Bully Ray at the head of the gang, and I thought he did a good job as world heavyweight champion but the aces and eights did start to weight him down. 

 I'm glad that Bully's on his own now because I think he can be better utilized that way. Also this feud between Mr Anderson and Bully has been very entertaining.

 The best match on the turning point  card was Bobby Roode vs James Storm. This match had lot's of build up, they not only played up these two's history but they had Bobby attack Storm in a bar. I thought that was really cool and I've always loved the feud between the former Beer Money partners. As many of you may I'm a big fan these two especially Bobby Roode. I really liked them in Beer Money and they've been great now that they've been in the main event these last two years. 

 This was another great match between these two, it was a Florida death match, which is basically just a last man standing match. The match was great and the ending was good too, it looks like they're setting up a feud between Gunner and James Storm, the former tag team champions. At this point it looks like Storm would be the heel in it but I'm thinking it will end up being the other way around as I don't think it's a good idea to turn Storm heel right now.

 Also in this match James Storm had that never say die attitude, no matter what Roode did to him he just wouldn't stay down. Doing that is something to instantly get baby faces over, like with Stone Cold at Wrestlemania 13, when a face just will not quit. I love when they do that with faces and I hope after this Storm gets back on he right track. In 2012 it looked like he was set to become world champion but after his match with Bobby Roode at Bound for Glory he fell down the card a bit. Hopefully next year will be the year that he finally gets his title reign.

 So this was another classic match between Storm and Roode, but if you want to see a match that was even better then go check out Storm vs Roode at Bound for Glory 2012. That match was great and that bound for glory show made this year's look like trash, which was what it mostly was.

 Turning Point was a very good show, the thanksgiving episode wasn't too good but then Tna picked right back up with last week's episode which was pretty good. We had Bobby Roode vs Jeff Hardy in a table's match which was very good and Magnus vs Kurt Angle which was good as well. So it looks like the finals are going to be Jeff Hardy vs Magnus, that should be a good match and I definitely Magnus winning, completing his heel and becoming world champion.

 Thanks for reading part 1, be sure to check out part two and give me your thoughts on Turning Point on twitter @ENC98.


No comments:

Post a Comment