Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pro Wrestling Review: TLC 2013 Preview



 Hello everybody and welcome back to Pro Wrestling Review, today I'm going to be giving my preview of Wwe TLC 2013. I'll be giving my thoughts on the feuds leading up to the matches and also my predictions.

Pre Show: Dolph Ziggler vs Fandango

 I'm not sure if this match had any build up what so ever, if it did it must have happened on Smackdown. It's unfortunate that these two have been demoted to the pre show and that they're not having a major midcard feud together. It's really discouraging for the rest of the midcard talent since Ziggler went from being a world champion in May to a pre show king now. The biggest thing he's done lately is those hardcore type gimmick matches with Damien Sandow, I liked those matches but the announcers seemed as interested in them as a divas match.

 Usually I don't watch the pre show but I'll try to catch this one since both guys are very good in the ring.

Pick: Dolph Ziggler

WWE TT Title Match: Rhodes Brothers vs Rybaxel vs Rey Mysterio and The Big Show vs The Real Americans

 This match was announced pretty late in the game, I think on their website, which is unfortunate seeing as they should be making the tag team match feel more important. Still, it should a very good match if it's anything like the recent tag team matches.

 One thing I've heard people bring up is that wwe could have done a TLC tag team match. I'm a big fan of those from the attitude era and I think it would been a good think to do to solidify how important the division is now. If they were going to do that though they should've built it up really big so I don't see them changing it last minute with an app vote or something like that. 

 Even without being a TLC match this has the possibility to steel the show and I'm looking forward to it.

Pick: Cody Rhodes and Golddust

IC Title Match: Big E Langston vs Damien Sandow

 I wish they would've made this match a tables match, not that these two can't have good regular match together but since it's TLC it should've had a stimulation. There's still the possibility of them changing it on the show but if they are gonna do a stimulation, they should've announced it before hand. 

 There's been a little bit of a feud developing between these two, basically just stare downs. I definitely see Big E getting the win here, they could surprise us and put the title on Sandow since he's not really doing anything right now but since Big E is so new into his title reign I don't think they will. 

Pick: Big E Langston

Divas Title Match: AJ Lee vs Natalia

 The divas division has been in shambles lately, well actually for years but even more, recently. We had that terrible survivor series match and the musical chairs thing leading up to it. It seemed like was hope for division when AJ became champ back May, but in the end there's only so much one person can do to save a division. One thing that wwe could do is give up AJ vs Natalia, and they finally have.

  I've been wanting them to do this match ever since AJ became champ and I'm really glad they are doing it now. Natalia is coming off of probably the best divas match of the hear with Paige on NXT, I hope that this match is as good as that one. I'm gonna go with Natalia for the win here because AJs been champ for while and she's done basically everything she can do with the title.I hope they make this a continual feud and we get more ppv matches between these two.

Pick: Natalia

3 on 1 Handicap Match: Daniel Bryan vs The Wyatt Family

 This match has had an interesting build up, Bray Wyatt is awesome, if he could fix up his in ring work a little bit he'd be one of the top young prospects in the wwe. Those two promos that he cut trying to get Daniel Bryan to join the Wyatt family were amazing, probably the best promos he's cut since he was called up to the main roster. 

 Daniel Bryan has been very noticeably shielded from the mic every since he got out of the wwe title picture, I think wwe believes that he can't do very well on it but I disagree. Admittedly Bryan is much better at playing a character type character if that makes scene. Like what he did back in 2012 with that heel character and then with the team hell no character, he cut some very good promos. Right now he has a little bit more generic character but I believe he can still be good on the mic if they the give him the chance. He's no CM Punk when it comes to talking but this summer we saw some very good promos from him in the character that he's in currently. The thing that he needs to keep when talking is that intensity that he has in the ring, his promos used to very intense and I'd like to see him go back to that. 

 I hope wwe starts giving him the opportunity to talk more often because this feud really could've used a good promo, by him. Aside from that no chant that he started on Raw, we don't even know if he wants to accept Bray Wyatts offer to join the Wyatt family or not.

 Going off of that, I don't see Bryan joining the Wyatt family, for one it's not a good time at all to turn him heel because of how over he is. They need to be pushing him as a top guy and I would hate to see him play second fiddle to Bray Wyatt, taking nothing away from Bray but Daniel Bryan is a little bit higher up on the card than he is. Also if he joined them there's the possibility that he would overshadow the Luke Harper and Eric Rowen.

 So I definitely don't see Bryan joining them but I'm not sure what's going to happen at the ppv. I think the Wyatts need the win but it just feels like something is going to happen in the match. I'm not sure what it will be but I'm looking forward to it.

 I've heard a lot of people say that this has the possibility of being a bad match but I don't think it will be. I've learned never to bet against the fact that Daniel Bryan can have a great match with anyone. Looking at in ring talent I would say Bryan is the Shawn Micheals of this generation, he can make anyone look good. Look at Ryback, he had his best matches with Bryan. 

 I'm expecting a decent match here, one because it's Daniel Bryan and two because Eric Rowen and especially Luke Harper are fairly good in the ring. I'm also interested to see how Bray Wyatt will do in a match against Bryan.

 I guess I'll go with the Wyatts for the win but I'm really not sure what's going to happen.

Pick: The Wyatt Family

3 on 1 Handicap Match: CM Punk vs The Shield

 This feud has been a little bit better than the previous match's feud because we had CM Punk on the mic, he delivered the promos that the previous feud needed from Bryan. I absolutely loved when he said "At TLC I'm going down but the question is, how many members of the Shield am I taking with me" that was an awesome line. Say what you will about CM Punk but when it comes to all around talent in the ring, on the mic, telling a story, I would definitely agree that CM Punk is the best in the world.

 Roman Reigns seems to be the one out of the Shield right now that wwe really wants to push. They've been planting seeds of the Shield's eventual break up for a little while now and there is a possibility that tonight we might see that break up. 

 The big thing coming out of their break up seems like it will be between Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose so they might want to save that for Wrestlemania and have the Shield break up closer to Royal Rumble or Elimination Chamber time. Although on the other hand, I think that there is a possibility that one of the members of the Shield face the Undertaker at mania. I originally thought it would be Ambrose but now it looks like it would be Reigns since he's the one getting the big push. If they do do Reigns vs Taker they'd probably want to Roman to be heel so maybe they'd want to break up the Shield after Wrestlemania, maybe even have Ambrose somewhat cost Roman Reigns the victory.

 That's all just speculation though. My guess for tonight is there will just be some miscommunication with the Shield and it end up costing them the match and Punk will probably pin Rollins or Ambrose. Then after the Shield loses Punk will get speared by Reigns and he'll be standing tall at the end of the night.

 It is a bit weird having two three on one handicap matches at the show, I wouldn't be surprised if in at least one them they use the table ladders and chairs that I assume will be surrounding the ring. This should be a very entertaining match and if they had to do two handicap matches, they picked the right two people to be in them.

Pick: CM Punk

Wwe/WHC Unification TLC Match: Randy Orton vs John Cena

 This is the match that will make or break the show, they've booked it as one of the biggest matches of all time. I don't think I've ever seen a bad TLC match so I'm expecting it to deliver.

I've really enjoyed the feud going into it, especially that segment that closed out the latest episode of raw. Wow, that was one of my favorite segments of raw this year and it's probably my favorite promo that I've ever seen from John Cena. If we saw that John Cena every week I would be a big fan of him. The promo was great but that's not taking anything away from Randy Orton's promo. His was very good as well, I really liked how he incorporated many of the legends into it, talking about how he took years off of their careers. Both guys were at their best and the brawl afterword was really cool. Possibly foreshadowing some stuff for WM with Triple H and CM Punk and Bryan and Shawn Micheals. I also liked how they had HHH pedigree Orton so that people wouldn't think that the authority was just gonna help him win again.

 There's been a ton of speculation about who will win the match, some people even think that Triple H will somehow walk away as the champion. While that is somewhat of a possibility I don't really see it happening. Triple H has been on raw about every week since March so that wouldn't be a problem but I'm not sure if he would want to wrestle every week. If he wins the belt I would expect that he'll hold it until Mania, if that happens I hope he doesn't do what the Rock did last year and only do matches at ppvs. Especially since Wrestlemaina is over four months away having a Wwe champion that doesn't compete on raw much wouldn't really work. If Triple H were to do matches on raw then I'd be ok with it. 

 One good thing about Triple H as champion would be that he could defend the title against Daniel Bryam and The Big Show since in their storylines it seemed like it was more of a feud between them and HHH than them and Randy Orton. I don't see this being a big possibility though and I'll be very surprised if the Game walks out with the title tonight.

 This type of match would be the perfect way to put the title on young star, if they hadn't wasted Damien Sandow's money in the bank they could've had him cash in after the match. Now there would be the problem of him only having WHC MITB but I'm sure they could've worked around that since the titles will be unified.

 Since they don't have a MITB holder right now I'm gonna go Cena for the win.  Orton has been champ for a while and if he wins here this wouldn't really seem like a major turning point since the WHC has been irrelevant for a while. I think Orton has a chance of winning but I'm going with Cena then he can face the winner of the royal rumble at Wrestlemania.

 At first I was skeptical about whether or not wwe is really serious about unifying the titles because this type of match is something that would normally happen at Wrestlemania. I'm guessing they decided to do it at TLC because of the bad buy rates for the recent ppvs. With the hype that they've given it they better not do something where Cena and Orton both grab  their own title or they grab each others titles, that would not be ok. I don't think they're going to do that though.

I really like how big of a match wwe is building this up to be. Because of that and the great segment closing out raw I'm really looking forward to it.

Pick: John Cena

 This ppv has the potential to be very good, I've always liked the TLC ppvs and hopefully we see some good stuff here tonight. I'll be back right here in a few days to give my review of it.

 Be sure to tell me your thoughts and predictions for TLC on twitter @ENC98 or on Pro Wrestling Review's very own twitter @PWReview. Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment