Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pro Wrestling Review: Current TNA Product Review part 2



 Welcome back to Pro Wrestling Review, this is the second part of my analysis of Tna's current product.

 Another big thing is this Bobby Roode and Kurt Angle feud, I'm a fan of both guys and I'm really liking the feud. They had a very good match on what was I believe the episode of Impact following Bound for Glory and I though that match was much better than their B4G one. Now it looks like they're going to have another one at Tna's next ppv themed episode of Impact

 One of the things I've really liked about this title tournament is that many of the matches have good build up, they either play off of former feuds or they do new things to enhance the feuds such as when Bobby Roode attacked James Storm attacked in the bar. From what I've seen, this tournament has helped the product a lot and it's produced some great matches.

 One more thing that I want to talk about is this EC3 guy, Ethan Carter the Third, I'm not quite sure what to think of him. The whole we're the Carters and world needs us thing is kind of corny but it does make him come across as a self entitled jerk who thinks he is better than everyone else. I would rather have him in a little more serious gimmick though. It looks he's getting a push but I would like to see his matches improve, so far he's only been in squash like matches and as I explained in my Bound for Glory review, I'm not a fan of squash matches at all. His matches aren't technically squash matches but they're pretty close. If Tna is serious about giving him a push then they should give him competitive matches so we can see how he is in the ring, not just how well he is at beating people in nearly squash match and hitting Dean Ambrose's finisher.

 Overall I would say Tna is doing pretty good right now, they really failed with Bound for Glory but now they're product is pretty good. When Tna is as their best like they were in most of 2012 they're great. They do a lot of things better than wwe such as utilizing their whole roster instead of just the top few guys. Also the two hour format is so much better than raw's three hours. I really hope wwe eventually goes back to two hours because right now it seems almost like seems a chore to sit through three hours of raw. Also they don't know how to use that time at all, they should be building up midcarders and giving feuds to people that normally wouldn't good feuds. Instead they end up just using that time for filler that nobody cares about.

 Right now Tna is doing good but the problem is they can't maintain it, I've seen it so many times before, they get good and I get really invested into the product but they turn around get terrible again. 

 Tna just needs to maintain a good product, I thought they had it in 2012 when they had good stuff for nearly a year but then in 2013 they fell off again, so much so that for the majority of the year I stopped watching Tna on a weekly basis. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come for 2014 and hopefully they can maintain it, but I'm still skeptical because I've been burned by them before.

 Be or sure to tell me your thoughts on Tna on twitter @ENC98 or on Pro Wrestling Review's very own twitter @PWReview. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment