Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pro Wrestling Review: Night of Champions 2013 Preview


 Hello everybody and welcome to my Night of Champions preview. I'm going to be going through the matches and giving my predictions on what I think will happen.

Pre Show: TT Turmoil: Tons of Funk vs Prime Time Players vs 3MB vs The Real Americans vs The Usos.

 This has the potential to be a pretty decent match. The only team that I'm expecting to win is the Prime Time Players; the Usos are somewhat of a possibility but since they already had they're match with for titles at MITB I'm going to go with the PTP. Also it feels like they're trying to give the players a push so putting them as the # 1 contenders would make scene. I wish they would've built this match up more though, they should've had this match on raw a few weeks before because that way they'd have time to build up to the title match match.

 Probably one of the reasons that it hasn't been built up is because I think they were going to have Mark Henry and Big Show challenge for the titles until Henry got injured. Assuming that the Players do win the pre show match I'm not quite sure who will win the actual title match. I'm kind of thinking the Prime Time Players might get the titles because one: I don't see Daniel Bryan winning the wwe title and if Dolph Ziggler doesn't win the US title than they have to give the babyface some kind of a victory. Although it would have helped if the PTP had been involved at least somewhat in the corporation storyline since they're probably going to be trying take the titles from two members of the corporation. The second reason that I could see the PTP winning the titles is because it seems like wwe is trying to do something with the them and other teams like the Real Americans but it just doesn't seem all that important because there's nothing on the line. If the players got the titles then they're matches with the Usos and Real Americans would seem a lot more important. I also don't feel that the Shield really needs the tag team titles as much as the other teams in the tag team division do. I think that as long as Dean Ambrose keeps the US than the Shield will be fine without the tag titles.

 The one reason that I think the shield still has a somewhat good chance of keeping the titles is because Mark Henry and Big Show haven't had their title match with the shield so they might have them keep the titles until they have that match. That would depend on the condition of Mark Henry and when he's scheduled to return though.

 I'm still gonna go with the prime time players because I feel like it would do them a lot more good than it would for the shield to.

Pick: Prime Time Players

U.S. Title: Dean Ambrose vs Dolph Ziggler

 Ever since Dolph Ziggler got into the feud with the corporation he's gone up a lot in my book; now that might say a little bit more about Ziggler's character that he had before than it does about the corporation storyline. That being said I do think it has definitely helped him and I'm really looking forward to this match. I think it has the potential to be very very good. I think there is a chance of Ziggler winning just because they need to give the resistance (which is actually a cool name for them) a victory and even if the Shield loses the tag team titles their match hasn't been built up enough to feel important.

 I would prefer if Ambrose keeps the title though because one: the shield needs to keep at least one title and two: if Ziggler gets the US title then it shows everybody that he's officially back in the midcard. Since he's still on very shaky ground with where he is in wwe right now I think giving him the US title wouldn't do much good. The match should be good though.

Pick: Dean Amrose

Divas title AJ vs Natalia vs Naomi vs Brie Bella

 The divas division has really heated up ever since AJ cut that awesome shoot type promo on the entire division. I knew when she won the title that there was the potential for her to really turn the division around but I didn't know if she'd be able to do it on her own since she's the only really good diva that wwe is pushing right now. So far though she's been the subject of more positive conversations towards the division than anything or anyone has for years. Also total divas has been helping some as well. It isn't my type of show but it has been making people somewhat interested in the divas and it gave AJ the platform or reason to cut that awesome promo.

 I'm guessing that AJ will win here and then maybe she'll go on to feud with Naomi or Natalia.

Pick: AJ

 Well it looks like I ran out of time to talk about the last few matches but I will quickly give you my predictions. I'm predicting Aberto Del Rio to retain with Ricardo costing RVD the championship. I'm also going with Punk to win his match and then either Brock Lesner or a new Paul Heyman guy (hopefully Wade Barrett) to attack Punk and save Heyman. Then for the WWE title match I'm going with Randy Orton to retain and somehow screw Bryan out of the title.

  I will be talking fully about all of the matches and their build up when I do my Night of Champions review in a few days. Enjoy the ppv.


No comments:

Post a Comment