Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pro Wrestling Review #4: Wrestlemania possibilities

 Welcome back to Pro Wrestling Review. Today I'm going to be talking about a couple different possible things that could happen at Wrestlemania

Topic #1 The Rock at Wrestlemania

 Last year at Wrestlemania when Rock won I couldn't believe it. I had fully expected John Cena to win. I thought John Cena would get his representation as one of the greats in wwe like The Rock had gotten ten years earlier in 2002. Lot's of people obviously don't like Cena (I'm not that much of a fan of him myself) but he has been the face of wwe for about 7 years. Instead of Darren Young I would say that John Cena is "Mr No Days Off".

 If I remember right The Rock had just kicked out of the attitude adjustment so when Rock hit Cena with the rock bottom I expected Cena to kick out. So the ref's hand went down for 1...2...and I thought to myself why isn't Cena kicking out ...3. I was so surprised I was just sitting there staring at my TV in disbelieve. I'm a fan of The Rock and I've bought lots of his merchandise since he's come back but I never expected him to actually win at wrestlemania. Now it looks like John Cena can't beat The Rock and he's not good enough to be in that top tier of guys in the industry. The one match that I actually wanted Cena to win he didn't.

Then after all that I realized that wwe did that on purpose. If you remember in the match The Rock kicked out of the AA and then John Cena started trying to do the people's elbow but got rock bottomed. I distinctly remember the announcers talking about how Cena trying to taunt The Rock with the people's elbow might have cost him the match. Wwe made the ending out of nowhere for a reason. They're going to have a rematch. John Cena had a look of disbelief on his face. Notice how they didn't have The Rock straight up of win the match, no the ending just came out of nowhere. This isn't how they would end a feud that's this big. I'm guessing they'll do something like with Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker. Cena will want a rematch believing that he really can beat Rock and that he just made a mistake in the match. Now I don't think that Cena will be forced to retire like in HBK and The Undertaker feud, there's no way wwe would go for that.

 Wwe wants to get as much out The Rock as they can. One Dwayne's become kind of a big actor in Hollywood and I'm sure wwe likes him using Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson again  But more importantly wwe wants to get as many matches out of The Rock as they can. They know that he's a huge draw so they want to make this feud between him and Cena go on as long as they can. Now this match does kind of seem like it should only happen once or once in a lifetime I guess. Although the second part of this feud I think could be very good. It would have more story line than the first part probably and I think this match will happen at Wrestlemania next year. So what twice in a lifetime.

 Another way wwe could with The Rock is to have him face CM Punk. Recently I was talking to some people on twitter about the prospect of CM Punk vs The Rock at wrestlemania and I really think this could be a great feud. CM Punk has been taking jabs at The Rock ever since this summer when Punk hit The Rock with the GTS and turned heel. He used The Rock's finisher in his match with Cena at Night of Champions. Then He's also been talking about The Rock in some of his promos lately.

 This leads me to think that wwe might be trying to set up this match. Now it could happen at Wrestlemania but I really think that they are gonna go with Rock and Cena. This is definitely another match that needs to happen. Wwe could do it at a later wrestlemania but Punk's current character I think would be the best combat The Rock. We don't know what Punk will be in over a year. I hope that wwe keeps his current character because I think that it works the best out of all the characters he's had in the wwe. Whenever they do it though this match has to happen at some point. I think these two could have a great feud and a great match

 Another thing that has been rumored about is a triple threat between The Rock, Cena, and CM Punk. I think this feud would be very interesting with the three of them but I don't think that it would draw as much as a one on one match. Although it would be a good match for Summerslam.

Topic #2: Stone Cold vs CM Punk

 Another person that CM Punk has been taking jabs at is Stone Cold Steve Austin. This match has rumored about for very long time. It's always not happened primarily because Austin isn't really in the shape to do it. He's had lot's of knee problems and that was one the reasons that he retired from wwe in the first place. Lately Punk has been taking jabs at Austin in his promos and Stone Cold said in an interview for WWE 13 that he would beat Punk if they ever had a match. Then speaking of WWE 13 the main cover was of CM Punk and the legend cover was of Stone Cold. Wwe is definitely teasing this match I just wonder if this is just wwe teasing it and hoping something will come of it someday or if they'er are actually preparing for it to happen. They could do it at this wrestlemania Austin had knee surgery this summer but he should be recovered by wrestlemania. The more likely thing that will happen is that it will take place at wrestlemania 30. I'm sure that this will be a huge event seeing that it's the 30th anniversary. The legendary Stone Cold/ Punk match would be a great way to make it memorable. Just like Punk vs The Rock this is a match that has to happen sometime.

 So tell me on twitter when/if you think these matches will happen.

 Also be sure to vote for the match of the year on twitter. Just tell me on twitter (@ENC98) using #matchoftheyear which you voted for. The choices are Taker/HHH WM28, Jericho/Punk WM28, Jericho/Punk Extreme Rules, Bryon/Punk Over the limit, Cena/Punk Night of champions , or Roode/Ares Destination X. Sometime in late December once people have voted I will do a Pro Wrestling Review article on it and give what I voted for and which match won overall. I will also give some other awards.

 Thanks reading be sure to follow me on twitter @ENC98 (twitter.com/Enc98) and give me your thoughts on this article. Also give me ideas for other articles. Remember to stay tuned to for more Pro Wrestling Review.



No comments:

Post a Comment