Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pro Wrestling Review #6: 2012 Awards

 Happy New Year everybody and welcome back to Pro Wrestling Review. In this edition I'm going to be giving my awards for the year of 2012.

Match of the Year: Triple H vs The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 28

 I did a poll on twitter for this and with my vote included The Undertaker vs Triple at Wrestlemania 28 won. This came as no surprise to me because this was a great match. It was a step up from their 2011 match which was very good as well. I saw this match live when I bought Wrestlemania and I'm very glad that I did. It was very intense and every pin fall had me jumping out of my chair. I wish I had seen the 2011 match live too but one thing that we had in 2012 was Shawn Michaels. He was the referee and he added a lot to the match and the feud.

 Speaking of the feud that was great too. In 2011 they didn't really have that much of a feud between each other but in 2012 it was wonderful. They had The Undertaker wanting Triple H to give him another match and the reason that he did was because The Undertaker said that Shawn was better than him. So there was some tension between Shawn and Hunter but on the other hand Undertaker was the one that ended HBK's career. So it was definitely unpredictable and it turned out to be a five star match.

PPV of the year: Wrestlemania 28

 This PPV was hands the best. We three great matches on it Rock/Cena, Jericho/Punk, and HHH/Taker. I don't buy PPVs very often but I'm glad that I bought this one.

Wrestler the year: Bobby Roode and Daniel Bryon

 I couldn't really pick between Roode and Daniel Bryon because they both had great years Daniel Bryon showed us a heel character that most people didn't know he could pull off. He has tons of charisma and is one of the highlights of the wwe now.

 Bobby Roode also had a great year, he was the Tna world champion half of the year and has been putting on great feuds and matches the entire year. Now Bobby is on top of Tna which in my opinion is right where he belongs. Roode is my favorite current wrestler and he has probably the best character in Tna right now. I would even say that he is the face of Tna right now along with Jeff Hardy.

Show the year: Impact Wrestling

 After Extreme Rules Raw and smackdown have been horrible. I call it the drought of 2012. Raw has gotten a little bit better after Raw 1000 but it's still not that good. Tna however has been really good all most all of the year especially once it went live.

Episode of the year: Raw 1000

 This episode was amazing. It felt like Wrestlemania. It had tons of old superstars come back and it was just all around great. I guess wwe knew that they had to do something to pull themselves out of the drought of the summer.


Stupidest moment of the year: Hulk Hogan's reaction to Devon at Bound for Glory

Stupidest story line: The Clair Lench thing

 This was a really terrible story line and lots of it didn't even make sence. The only reason this story line ended was because Clair Lench quit Tna and thank goodness she did because if not it still could be going on right now. Unfortunately it looks like Tna is starting another story line that may be even worse which is the Brooke Hogan and Bully Ray story line eh do I have to even to talk about that or is it obvious how bad that is.

Non Wrestling awards

Movie of the year: The Avengers

 This was a really great movie I went to the theaters twice to see it. If you haven't seen it you should definitely check it out.

 Well I hope you all have a great year. Be sure to tell what you think about these awards on twitter @Enc98 or on Facebook: Enc Wwe. Also check out my brand new youtube channel  ENC98TV. I'll have lot's more articles coming in 2013 so stay tuned to Pro Wrestling Review.




No comments:

Post a Comment