Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pro Wrestling Review #5: More Wrestlemainia Possibilities

Welcome back to Pro Wrestling Review. In my last article I talked about the the possibilities of Stone Cold vs CM Punk, The Rock vs Cm Punk, and John Cena vs The Rock. Today we're going to be talking about some more Wrestlemania possibilities so let's get started.

Topic #1 The Undertaker at Wrestlemania

 Every year there is the big question of who The Undertaker will face at Wrestlemania with his streak on the line. Now it's pretty definite that The Undertaker won't face Triple H again so that raises the question of who will he face.Well I have someone in mind for the job....Wade Barrett. Barrett has been one of the most promising young superstars ever since he led the Nexus back in 2010. Then last year it looked like wwe was going to give Barrett a huge push but he got injured in February. Now that he has returned it looks like wwe wants to resume his push and what better way to do that than having him face The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Now I'm not expecting Wade to win and I'll get into that later on but it could solidify him as a main evener.

 I think the match could be very good also but probably not as good as some of Undertaker's recent Wrestlemania matches with Shawn Michaels and Triple H which were some of the best matches of all time. Although if Barrett could put on a match of that caliber I think it would really help his career. I'm guessing that a hardcore or last man standing match would work well.

Topic #:2 Should The Undertaker's streak ever be ended?

  This is a topic that is greatly debated with wrestling fans. Now I can see both sides to this argument but I am of the opinion that it shouldn't ever be ended. I'm a big Undertaker fan in fact he's my second favorite of all time and I don't think that it should ever be ended. This is probably the thing that will define the Undertaker's career the most maybe even more than his seven world championship reigns. I think that he should have a complete streak for his entire career.

  Although the streak may not mean as much once he's gone than it does now. If someone is to end it then I'd want it to be a young and up and coming superstar not someone that's going to retire soon anyway. If it's going to benefit anyone's hall of fame career it should be the Undertaker's. I did gain more respect for Triple H because of the fact that he didn't end this year.

 Right now there's just not enough certainty that a superstar will stay in the main event. Let's look at Jack Swagger of The Miz one year at Wrestlemania they are world champions and the next year basically jobbers. Wwe just doesn't know how to push young talent right (Which I'll have another article about later). For someone to beat the Streak it would need to be a perfect scenario. It would need to be someone that has lots of talent and someone that wwe wants as a the face of the company. There's been many people that have seemed to match that description and their carrier's have gone nowhere. Wade Barrett would be a good person to do it but before we even think about someone ending the streak we need to see a susesful push to the main event which if you think about it we haven't really seen in a long time.

 I don't think it should be ended and if it were it would have to be a young superstar and a perfect scenario In the end though it will probably be up to The Undertaker, there were rumors that he wanted Randy Orton and Kurt Angle to end it. Although that was of couple years ago before the streak was as important as it is now.

 I guess we'll just have to see what happens I don't think that this will be The Undertaker's last Wrestlemania so we have a couple of years to see what they will do. Be sure to tell me what you think.

Topic #:3 Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania

 I think that there is a possibility that Chris Jericho will return for Wrestlemania 29. It's definitely not as big of a possibility as it was last year but it's still possible. It would be great to have Jericho back and if he returns then maybe we could have another feud with CM Punk vs Chris Jericho. Now even though he left as a face I want Jericho to return as a heel. I like Y2J and all that but I think Jericho is at his best when he's a heel. CM Punk I also believe is best when he's a heel. So a feud with both of them in their best characters could be very promising. Now even if Jericho is a face in the feud it would still be good to see.

 There's a good chance that we won't see Chris at this year's Wrestlemania but if wwe does have Cena vs The Rock again they'll need something to with Punk. We'll just have wait and see but tell me on twitter if you think Jericho will return.

 Another match that Chris Jericho could have at Wrestlemania is with the Undertaker. This is a match that I've wanted to happen for a while. I don't think that Jericho and The Undertaker have ever had much of a feud. I think that they could have a great feud and a great match. Jericho would probably be heel and Undertaker face.

 This match doesn't have be at this Wrestlemania  Maybe at Wrestlemania 30. I think this would be great to see and I hope that it happens eventually.

 Thanks for reading be sure to follow me on twitter @ENC98 (www.twitter.com/Enc98) and give me your thoughts on this article. Also give me ideas for other articles and to stay tuned to for more Pro Wrestling Review

No comments:

Post a Comment