Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pro Wrestling Review: Money in the Bank 2013 Predictions





 Welcome back to Pro Wrestling Review today I'm going to be giving my predictions for WWE Money in the Bank.

Pre Show: WWE TT Championships The Shield's Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins vs The Usos

 I've enjoyed the build up to this match with them really acually building up the Usos. I think that now is the perfect time for wwe to get their tag team division back together, with the interest that fans have in the shield right now they can use that to help people get behind other teams that challenge them. I like what they're doing with the Usos and I'd like to see them build up other teams like Team Rhodes Scholars and the Prime Time Players, maybe even turn the prime time players face. I'd also like to see them reform the team of Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd whenever Tyson Kidd gets back from injury. Also maybe they could make some new teams and possibly bring some more people up from nxt for the tag team division.

 This should be a very good match although I wish that it wasn't on the pre show, I would have much rather had the IC title or divas title match be on it rather than this one. They need to make it feel important and putting it on the pre show doesn't really do that. I see the Shield retaining and maybe they'll have a rematch at summerslam, I'm not sure.

Pick: The Shield


IC Title: Curtis Axel vs The Miz

 This has been an ok feud and should beat least a semi decent match. Having Paul Heyman with Axel really helps him a lot and I see him probably retaining. Although he was a last minute entry in the three way match at Payback after Fandango got injured so the original plan could have been to put the title on Miz so maybe they'll do that here. I'm still gonna go with Axel to retain, having the title on him kind of legitimizes him so it would be good for him to keep it. Also it would be a pretty short title reign if he were to lose it here.

Pick: Curtis Axel


Divas Title: AJ vs Katelyn

 For the first time in a long time there is acually a feud leading into a divas match. I'm glad that AJ is the champion now because she's very good in the ring and on he mic. The feud has been somewhat entertaining, Katelyn is basically really mad at AJ and wants to beat her because she's been making fun of Katelyn throughout this whole feud. Hopefully wwe will keep having actual feuds for the divas division. This could just be for the premier of the Total Divas reality show though, maybe they thought they should acually do something with the divas since the show is all about them.

 AJ is very good in the ring so it should be a decent match and hopefully there are some cool spots. I'm gonna go with AJ for the win since she just recently won the title.

Pick: AJ


Chris Jericho vs Ryback

 I had completely forgotten that this match was even on the card until I heard someone mention it. At first I was somewhat disappointing that Chris Jericho wasn't in the money in the bank ladder match but I figured that since he's going to be leaving to go on tour with Fozzy for a while soon and might not be at Summerslam it would probably be a better use of him putting Ryback over than it would be having him in a ladder match that he wouldn't win. After seeing the feud though I have a different opinion, they now have Ryback calling off matches saying that he can't continue. Also Jericho is now calling Cryback. I already didn't like Ryback as heel because it doesn't seem believable that he has to cheat to win but now they're having one of the biggest guys in the company call call off matches because he can't continue? Are you serious? I don't see what it is they're trying to accomplish here, it's not doing him any good at all and it's completely destroyed his big monster character that he's supposed to have. This feud with Jericho should be about maintaining him as a top star now that he's done feuding with Cena but instead they're destroying him, this doesn't even do the feud any good either. Even if he does win on Sunday this feud has done him a lot more harm than good and I just don't see what the thought process is behind this Cryback thing at all.

 It's also sad because this is probably Jerichos last ppv match in this run and they're having him waste it on a feud that's destroying someone that's supposed to be a top star, it just doesn't make any sense. They should probably have Ryback leave and then come back as a face because this heel character isn't working.

Pick: Ryback


WHC: Alberto Del Rio vs Dolph Ziggler

 This should be a pretty good match and the feud has been ok but so far I'm not really liking Dolph Ziggler's face character. I really really liked it the first week or so when he was just kind of crazed and kept wanting to attack Alberto Del Rio, almost kind of an unstable character. Now though he basically has the same character that he had when he was heel except he smiles and fights heels. He still is cocky and a show off and still does the same heel entrance to the ring. It's looking like this is going to be what his character is from now on and I don't really like it. They need to make some major changes to his character because compared to what it looked like he was gonna be right after Payback this character's pretty bad.

 I'm guessing that Del Rio will will retain since Ziggler's face character isn't that great right now. It should be a very good match though.

Pick: Del Rio


WHC Money in the Bank ladder match
Participants: Damien Sandow, Cody Rhodes, Antonio Cesaro, Jack Swagger, Wade Barrett, Fandango, Dean Ambrose

 This should be a pretty good match. As for who I think will win, ever since Fandango came back from injury he's just kind of been a joke to me but they were pushing him very hard when he debuted by beating Chris Jericho at wrestlemania so you never know they could have big plans for him. I don't think he's ready for a world championship at all though, he needs to go into some serious feuds to make people take him seriously again.

 So I don't really see him winning, Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes I kind of doubt also. Cody needs to be built back up to where he was a year ago and as big of a fan as I am of Sandow I don't see him winning it either. He needs to be built up more, maybe next year he'd be ready. I do think we could see the breakup of team Rhodes Scholars because every single time that Damien Sandow is on the mic or in an interview he talks about how he and Cody Rhodes won't breakup as a result of that match so I'm guessing somethings going to come of it since he mentions it so much. If they do break up I could see them maybe turning Cody face since his heel character really isn't working anymore and he hasn't been babyface very much. I'm not sure how good he would be as a face though and I know how great he was as a heel back in 2011 and early 2012 so I'd rather see him go back to that. I don't see Sandow turning face so maybe it would be a heel vs heel feud. If they do breakup I want it to be done the right way with a big feud between them not just a match on smackdown and then it's over.

 Jack Swagger, after the DUI that he got a couple months ago I don't see him winning and Antonio Cesaro...maybe. He'll be my dark horse choice for this match, he's gone down a lot from where he was when he was U.S champ so it would probably be better to wait until next year after Zeb Coulter has hopefully fixed him up. I could possibly see him win it but I would be very surprised.

 That leaves us with Wade Barrett and Dean Ambrose. I would love to see Barrett win it but he's not been built up for it at all and after the build they gave Dolph Ziggler when he had it I'm afraid that they wouldn't build Barrett up enough and then he would be without any build when he eventually won the world title just like what happened to Dolph Ziggler. I still could see him winning it, he's my second choice.

 My pick to win it though is Dean Ambrose. Out of all the people in this match he has the most momentum behind him. The shield has kind of gone down some mainly because they're not facing main eventers like Daniel Bryon, Kane and Randy Orton anymore. They're facing a real tag team in the Usos and like most tag teams today in wwe they've had no build at all these last few years so no one cares about them, because of that people care less about the shield. So wwe's acually hurting a big group in the shield by not having a good tag team division. Then of course like pointed out before there's the fact that the match is on the pre show also.

 I think that giving Dean Ambrose the money in the bank briefcase though might be what the shield needs to re-elevate itself. Ambrose is definitely a great choice and he tons of talent, I've even said before that I think he has what it takes to be the next top guy, someone like a stone cold. He's good in the ring, great on the mic, a great actor, and he's unique, there's something different about him and in wwe that's a good thing.

 I am worried though because I'm such a big fan of Ambrose that if he wins wwe will do what they've done many times before with Daniel Bryon and especially Dolph Ziggler and not build him up at all once he wins the briefcase. Ambrose is good enough though that I think he might be able to overcome that.

 We also don't know what Dean Ambrose will be doing when he cashes in if he should win it, he might not be with the shield anymore and out on his own. I think giving it to Ambrose is a good choice and it sets him up for after the shield disbands he can take that momentum and use it to bring him into the main event. It also like I said before could help re-elevate the shield.

Pick: Dean Ambrose


WWE Championship Money in the Bank ladder match (All Star Match) CM Punk, Daniel Bryon, Randy Orton, Christian, Sheamus, Kane (possibly), and Rob Van Dam.

 They didn't call this an all star match for nothing, I think this is a great paring of wrestlers and it should be a great match. Let's take a look at the people involved, first Christian. I would love to see Christian win the wwe championship but I'm not sure if wwe does, Christian was great as world heavyweight champion in 2011 but when he returned last year and this year wwe has kept him away from both world titles. I don't know what the reason is for that but I hope that they get over it soon because he was a great champion before. I doubt Christian will win the match but I'd love it if he did.

 Next Sheamus, I seriously doubt that wwe would put him anywhere near the wwe championship with his current gimmick but if he were to turn heel then maybe. Perhaps they're going to turn him after he wins it and they don't want to do it before because they want his win to really be a surprise. I don't really think they're going to do that though and I would be very surprised if he won.

 Kane, Kane was attacked by the Wyatt family in their debut on this week's raw and it is up in air as to whether or not he will be in the match. If he's not I could see Bray Wyatt taking his place and really solidifying the Wyatt faction by hopefully having a good performance in the match. I don't expect him to win it though, that would be too early but maybe the Wyatt family can go on to feud with Kane. We could also see the return of someone that is somewhat known for ladder matches, someone like Evan Bourne, John Morrison, or Shelton Benjamin.

 Then of course we have the returning Rob Van Dam, I've always been a big fan of him and I'm really glad that he's coming back to wwe. I can't wait to see the matches that he can have with people that have arrived since he left such as Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryon. I like how they've been really hyping up his return for money in the bank and not having him come back on raw just like they did with CM Punk last month. I don't see him winning the briefcase because I don't think he needs a championship for people to care about his matches since he's just returning but it will be great to see him in this match.

 Now these last three are the people that I really think could win it. First Randy Orton, he hasn't really done much this last year and a half and I think that's mainly due to his wellness violation about a year ago. It was his second one so if he gets one more than going by the policy he would be put of wwe for at least a year. So if they put a big title on him and he gets another violation then they're in trouble.

 It has been over a year though so wwe might be ready to give it a shot with him again, I would have thought that they'd have given him the world heavyweight title though since they don't care about that one as much. If he does win it I'm guessing he would turn heel. He should have turned probably a year or two ago and I've heard that HE has even said that he wants to turn heel. They had an opportunity to do it in his feud with Daniel Bryon but maybe they didn't want to yet for the same reason I talked about with Sheamus and that is if someone turns right before money in the bank then people might expect them winning more. I would be a little bit surprised but I could definitely see him winning.

 These next two I think really have a good chance of winning, I could see wwe having Punk win as a way to get him back into the wwe title picture, kind of like they did with Cena last year. With Cena though they completely messed it up and he didn't even win the championship so it made the prestige of mitb go down and he didn't benefit from really it at all. I'd kind of like to see someone besides Punk win it since he's already a main eventer and he doesn't really need it at all to get him back into the title picture. After what they did with Ziggler's run though I don't really care anymore because of they put it on a young guys then they'll probably screw it up again. Punk would be able to say that he's the only three mitb winner and he could give that as a reason to why he's the best in the world.

 Daniel Bryon is my pick though, like I talked about earlier though I'd be worried that they would stop pushing him once he won it like they did with Ziggler and him when he won it two years ago. If wwe keeps pushing him and uses it right on him and makes him into a big star than maybe people would get back behind the mitb idea. I'm less certain that he's going to win now after this week's episode of raw. At the end of raw Bryon was standing tall having taken down the mitb briefcase, usually when people are standing tall at the end of the episode before mitb they don't end up winning it. It could be though that wwe is so behind Bryon that they decided to have him stand tall on raw and win on Sunday.

 If Daniel Bryon does win it I really hope wwe uses it right on him and that they put him in some big feuds and capitalize on all of the momentum that he has right now. I'm really getting behind Bryon, he really has the ability to get fans behind him and I've been a big fan of him ever since he turned heel last year. He has tons of talent and I think he's going to be a huge star in wwe.

Pick: Daniel Bryon


WWE Championship: John Cena vs Mark Henry

 This has been a pretty good feud especially with the shocking retirement act by Mark Henry to start it. I've been very entertained by it and I'm hoping that Mark Henry wins on Sunday. He's probably the best heel that they have right now and he's around 40 years old so he might not be in the company that much longer. I think need to give him the title because Cena can always win it again but we don't know how much longer Mark will be in wwe.

 Now if he does win I'm sure not what they would do for Summerslam, a rematch between Cena and Henry might not be what they want for one of their top four ppvs since fans would have already seen it before. They had a triple threat last year so I kind of doubt that they'll do that again. I'm guessing that they'll want Cena in the wwe title match, since Punk is already probably facing Lesner I'm sure who else Cena would face. Then their is the possibility of the mitb winner being involved in the match as well.

 I'm not sure what they're going to do for summerslam but I'd still love to see Henry win. I think he definitely deserves it and like I said before we don't know how much longer he going to be in wwe.

Pick: Mark Henry

 Money in the Bank should be a very good ppv, most of the matches I'm exited to see and the two ladder matches should be especially good. Be sure to check me out and/or tell me who you think will win the matches on Twitter: @ENC98, Facebook: Enc Wwe, or on Pro Wrestling Review's very own Twitter: @PWReview, you can follow that account for news and other things exclusively related to this column. You can also check out my youtube channel: ENC98TV. Thanks for reading, enjoy Money in the Back.

No comments:

Post a Comment