Monday, April 8, 2013

Pro Wrestling Review: Wrestlemania Predictions part 1

 In less than 24 hours this year's wrestlemania will go on the air. In this edition of Pro Wrestling Review I will be giving my predictions on the matches at wrestlemania and what I've been thinking of the feuds leading into them.

Pre Show: IC Champion Wade Barrett vs The Miz

 I had been liking what they were doing with The Miz and Antonio Cesaro's feud a few months ago but now it seems like they're getting lost in the shuffle. Even though I think Miz is much better suited as a heel they were actually building him up as a face but now they've done what they do with many other young stars they build them up really good and then just forget about them, they figure that they're built up enough so they don't have to do anything more with them.Wrong all that does is make all the build up useless, just look at Cody Rhodes. Now they're doing the same thing with Antonio, Miz, and Wade Barrett.

 As for Wade Barrett ever since he's come back last year I've been waiting for him to really break out as a big star but even though he is the Intercontinental champion he hasn't been doing much at all. He really needs to be in a big feud, it looked like he was starting something with with Bo Dallas but nothing ever came of it.  They could have really made this the feud that both of these guys need but instead it's on the pre show? To quote the Miz really?

 Both of these guys need to be featured in a big way at wrestlemania because they're big and upcoming stars. Then also I don't even think that the U.S. champion Cesaro even has a match on the card. The wwe should have done a much better job with these guys this year.

 As for who I think will win, I'm gonna go with The Miz because Wades been champ for a while. I hope that this feud goes into Extreme Rules and I hope that they really start to pick it up them.

Pick: The Miz

Team Rhodes Scholors vs Tons of Funk

 This match shouldn't even be on the card. I did like what they did with the feud on the last episode of smackdown but this is still a pointless match.The Team Rhodes Scholars are supposed to be the future of the tag team division since team hell no will probably split up soon. I don't know why they haven't won the titles  yet I would've had them win the belts at the Royal Rumble. They also need to think about the careers of Damian Sandow and Cody Rhodes, Those two have tons of talent and I hate to see them used this way.

 I really hope that Rhodes and Sandow get the win here. I think that wwe could get them back on track with a win. As for tons of funk I'm not against the team it's not like either of them would be doing anything else but I really hope that they don't win this match. I could see wwe kind of making a joke of this match and haveing tons of funk get a win just for a feel good moment and I really hope that doesn't happen.

  If I was booking it I'd have Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd vs Tons of Funk and then team hell no vs Rhodes Scholars. Or Tyson Kidd and Gabriel vs Rhodes Scholars.

Pick: Team Rhodes Scholars

Chris Jericho vs Fandango

 Even though I think that it's way too early for Fandango to be having this match I have been liking the feud. I'm guessing that it will go into Extreme Rules probably and just by Jericho in the match makes it important so then Fandango will seem important. Although I think that there are a lot of other young stars that could have benefited from a match will Jericho more such as Dolph Ziggler or Wade Barrett.

I'm guessing that Fandango will get the win here, then he can say that he won his first ever match against Jericho at wrestlemania. Then maybe Jericho can win at Extreme Rules. I'm also interested to see how Fandango is in the ring, I don't remember how he was as Johnny Curtis so I'm hoping that he's pretty good. Either way I'm guessing that Jericho will make it a good match.

Pick: Fandango

Ryback vs Mark Henry

This is going to be a good showdown just because it's two of the biggest guys in wwe. I hope that they don't try to do a technical match because that probably won't work, if they go all over the arena throwing each other into and onto things I that would be good. I'm expecting Ryback to get the win because his career is just starting out where as Mark Henry's is starting to wind down. I hope that they can make both people look good, maybe have Henry get mad after the match and beat up somebody. I really hope that Mark Henry isn't just back for wrestlemania, I'd love to see him back as world heavyweight champion again  It would help smackdown a ton and be very entertaining.

Pick: Ryback

No comments:

Post a Comment